From: "Longman
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Looking for pointers in Portage Tree manageme nt
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:36:35
1 Did you see the pointers to the GEMS project in this week's GWN?
2
3 GEMS - Gentoo Enterprise Management System
4
5 An announcement of a new management system in the style of "Red Hat
6
7 Network" designed for Gentoo has been announced on the forums. It aims to
8
9 ease the management of a large number of Gentoo computers and currently
10
11 includes features such as: inventory of installed software, GLSAs
12
13 associated with them, monitoring deployments status and more. GEMS is
14
15 licensed under the GPL and is freely available on its website.
16
17 * GEMS Forum thread[34]
18
19 * GEMS homepage[35]
20
21 34. <http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-468071.html>
22 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-468071.html
23
24 35. <http://www.gamehound.net/gems/index.php>
25 http://www.gamehound.net/gems/index.php
28 _____
29
30 From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez [mailto:jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com]
31 Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:33 AM
32 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
33 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Looking for pointers in Portage Tree management
36 2006/6/12, Andrew D. Fant <andrew.fant@×××××.edu