From: Erwan Bracq <boxr1@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] OT: Secuere File Exchange
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:12:05
1 The overkill solution:
2
3 Put a samba share via a L2TP/IPSec link. Then customers can use windows
4 VPN client to be connected and explorer to browse files.
5
6 R1.
7
8 jos houtman wrote:
9 > i would go for https, easy to setup.. possibility to make a nice
10 > website.. keep customer downloads seperate through logins. etc.. very
11 > flexible
12 >
13 > jos
14 >
15 > Rene Zbinden wrote:
16 >
17 >> My company wants to exchange files with customers. The customers usually
18 >> use Windows clients. What would be an easy and secure way to do so. I
19 >> thought about the following:
20 >> 1. FTP with SSL encryption
21 >> Disadvantage, the standard FTP client on windows and Internet Explorer
22 >> does not work with SSL. Customers needed to install an extra FTP Client
23 >>
24 >> 2. sFTP
25 >> Same disadvantage, the customer needed to install WINSCP
26 >>
27 >> Other Ideas?
33 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list