From: Jan Meier <jan.meier@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:23:14
1 Am Mittwoch 16 August 2006 11:01 schrieb Marten Persson:
2 > On Wednesday 16 August 2006 09.06, Jan Meier wrote:
3 > > Hello,
4 > >
5 > > how is the status of the stable portage tree? Is it already available?
6 > >
7 > > I am really interested in it because I am tired of frequently updates on
8 > > my server just because there is a new version. Doing only security update
9 > > would be nice.
10 > >
11 > > Regards
12 > >
13 > > Jan
14 >
15 > Whu do you need the latest versions? My servers run upates once or twice
16 > yearly and some security patching in between.
17
18 No, I do not need the latest version. But I do not want to do "some security
19 patching", I want to have every security risk patched (updated), without
20 updating all the dependencies. That's the point.
21
22 For example emerge -u imagemagick shows a really long list for updating, I do
23 not think that all of them are really needed.
24
25 Regards
26
27 Jan