From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] protecting particular versions?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:42:53
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2004 4:34 pm, Jacob Walcik wrote:
2 > i've looked in the portage handbook, and i'm digging in the forums
3 > now, but i can't seem to find a way to do this.
4 >
5 > i've got a production postgres database server running gentoo. this
6 > morning, when updating my desktop (also running gentoo) i noticed that
7 > a new version of postgres is available.
8 >
9 > is there some way to tell the postgres server (and the machines that
10 > use postgres client libraries to connect to it) to ignore that update?
11 > i seem to recall there being a mechanism through which you can
12 > protect certain packages to prevent updates from being applied.
13
14 host ~ # cat >> /etc/portage/package.mask <<EOF
15
16 # I do not want pgsql updates for now
17 >=dev-db/postgresql-7.4.5
18 EOF
19 host ~ #
20
21 Greets,
22 Christian Parpart.
25 16:38:28 up 14 days, 4:18, 0 users, load average: 0.88, 0.92, 0.73