From: Brant Katkansky <brant.katkansky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] How to convince "genkernel initrd" to include specific drivers?
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:52:17
1 On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:33:11 -0700, David Wuertele <dave-gnus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I want "genkernel initrd" to include my SIIG PCI IDE controller
3 > module. Is there a way to force it to do so?
4
5 Probably. I don't personally use genkernel.
6
7 Why not take the config that genkernel created (archived as
8 /boot/config.* IIRC) and use that as the basis to build a custom
9 kernel that suits your hardware. Unless you're doing something exotic
10 like booting off of an LVM or EVMS volume, you can then dispense with
11 the initrd entirely.