From: Andrew Ross <aross@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Portage Maintenance
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:28:53
1 On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 01:10, Wes Kurdziolek wrote:
2 > I hate to ask any more of the Gentoo developers' time, but perhaps we
3 > can take a page from FreeBSD: folks interested in becoming developers
4 > (even just for the ports tree) have to go through a tutelage period
5 > where all the changes they would like to make have to be approved and
6 > committed by an experienced developer for a certain amount of time
7 > before the new developer gets his or her commit bits. This could help
8 > alleviate some of the stress of becoming a package maintainer (writing
9 > ebuilds, etc.) w/o your work falling into the black hole that Bugzilla
10 > often becomes.
11
12 That doesn't add much to the existing mentoring and probationary periods
13 described here:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2#doc_chap3
16