From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 10:30:15
1 any ideas?
2
3 -c
4
5 Chris S wrote:
6
7 > Hi all,
8 >
9 > Starting to play with LDAP :D and having an issue where it doesn't
10 > like my fqdn.
11 > (openldap 2.2.26)
12 >
13 > In short I would like to know if I can have multiple dc for my rootdn?
14 > (it appears I'm limited to 2).
15 >
16 > I want to use dc=au because I'm in Australia, ie:
17 > dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
18 >
19 > I can setup ldap using that domain and search it
20 >
21 > *Code:*
22 > cephas # ldapsearch -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W
23 > Enter LDAP Password:
24 > # extended LDIF
25 > #
26 > # LDAPv3
27 > # base <> with scope sub
28 > # filter: (objectclass=*)
29 > # requesting: ALL
30 > #
31 > # search result
32 > search: 2
33 > result: 32 No such object
34 > # numResponses: 1
37 > but when I use the migration tools and create the base.ldif, importing
38 > it fails
39 >
40 > *Code:*
41 > cephas # ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f
42 > /tmp/base.ldif
43 > Enter LDAP Password:
44 > adding new entry "dc=net,dc=au"
45 > ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
46 > additional info: no global superior knowledge
49 > also, phpldapadmin refuses to create it, with the same error.
50 >
51 > Setting the system up with just dc=domain,dc=net works perfectly
52 >
53 > Is there something special I have to do?
54 >
55 > I can create my rootdn as dc=net,dc=au and then create another dc
56 > under that dc=domain, but this is quite ugly and I was hoping I could
57 > get all three on the one. if there is no solution I guess I could
58 > create the base as dc=au, then subs dc=net and dc=domain.
59 >
60 > Is there something special I have to do?
61 >
62 > Cheers,
63 > Chris
66 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list