From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Autoloading firewall modules
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 01:16:57
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > If I build iptables features (i.e. conn tracking, etc) as modules, they
3 > are automagically loaded when I use the -m option to the iptables command.
4 >
5 > This is great however, Ive noticed that a few modules do not automatically
6 > load when needed, e.g. ip_conntrack_ftp
7 >
8 > Am I doing something wrong? Or will I always need to remember to add an
9 > entry to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 ?
10
11 For things like iptables modules, I generally do something like:
12
13 find /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/ -type f -iname "*.ko" >>
14 /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
15
16 and edit out what I don't need/want.
19 Chris White