From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo for server
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:00:02
1 Mariusz Zalewski wrote:
2
3 > Andrew Cowie wrote:
4 >
5 >> Gentoo is excellent from a security standpoint; either a version bump or
6 >> a backported patch tends to be made available very quickly, especially
7 >> on the various things that tend to be in production use.
10 > Did any institution or organization made some measurement? I mean -
11 > how much time does it take from 0 day (when the critical bug is
12 > discovered in the most popular server services: ssh, ftp, apache...)
13 > to the time, when new ebuild is available from emerge? Did anybody
14 > made this measurement?
15 >
16 take a look at
17 http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/index.xml
18 you can retrieve the timeslices, for me they are good enought.