From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mailserver setup of choice?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:05:23
2 Hash: SHA1
5 Paweł Madej wrote:
6 > Jean Blignaut wrote:
7 >
8 >>>I was wondering what your opinions are on the best mailserver setup to use?
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>I have painstakingly setup an exim 4 server with exiscan spamassassin
13 >>>clamav mysql courier-imap/pop3 squirrelmail (imap web interface) and
14 >>>vexim (smtp account management - web interface) however I have found it
15 >>>at times unpleasant to administrate and some times wonder if I should
16 >>>not rather have gone with postfix or qmail
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>>Regards
21 >>>
22 >>>Jean Blignaut
23 >>>
26 > At this moment on my testing server I got postfix / mysql / cyrus-sasl /
27 > courier-imap / amavisd-new / clamav / spamassassin / razor / pyzor / dcc
28 > all on virtual mail accounts with respect to system accounts.
29 >
30 > I got some problems with spamassassin / amavis but pop3/imap/smtp and
31 > virus scanning are working ok.
32 >
33 > I used [1] tutorial, it is written for debian but when i manage to make
34 > all working on my box, i'll try to rewrite it for gentoo boxes.
35 >
36 > [1]: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier
37 >
38 > --
39 > PaweB Madej aka Nysander
40 > Member of QuanTeam | RLU #357047
41 > http://wiki.quanteam.info | Gentoo Linux User
42 > http://forum-farmaceutyczne.org | GPG key: 5861680B
43 > | keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu
44 > Kielce, Poland | UTF-8 Email Preferred
45 >
46 > Looking to buy: 6x 73 GB UW3/Ultra160 SCSI 80 pin (SCA)
47 > ..::||::.. pair of PentiumIII Slot1 1GHz/ FSB 100 processors
48 > ..::||::.. 2x 256 MB SDRAM ECC Registered
49 > Got any of this mail me, with prize and shipping costs.
52 I have the same setup with postfix /mysql/courier-imap/amavisd-new /
53 clamav/spamassassin/razor/pyzor/dcc on virtual account with about 5000+
54 accounts...
55
56 It works great!!!
57
58 I was not a big fan of the gentoo documentation for it... I would start
59 with the postfix docs and get virtual accounts working as described in:
60
61 http://postfixwiki.org/index.php?title=Virtual_Users_and_Domains_with_Courier-IMAP_and_MySQL
62
63 Then build in amavis from their... postfix -> amavis integration is
64 pretty straight forward...
65
66 Sean
75 --