From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] simple shell script
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:04:39
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > Sorry, I prefer top-posting... I find it much easier to read through
3 > dozens of emails when the pertinent message is at the top of the window.
4 > Is there a bottom-posting policy on this list that I'm unaware of?
5
6 No, however it is common Internet etiquette. Netiquette, even. Who reads
7 a book bottom to top? Or a newpaper? Or a magazine? The only thing I'm
8 aware of where a person expects to know the answer before the question
9 is on Jeapordy.
10
11 http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php
12 http://ursine.dyndns.org/wiki/index.php?title=Top_Posting
13 http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq_topp.html
14 http://www.mail-archive.com/brin-l@××××××××.com/msg00178.html
15 http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/bottom-posting.html
16 http://rmhfaq.com/netiquette.htm
17 http://www.4qd.org/philos/Netiquette.html
18
19 It's a free Internet, you should do as you wish, but when in Rome there
20 is merit in imitating the Romans (or however it goes.)
23 DS
27 > b
28 >
29 > Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
30 >
31 >> Ben Munat wrote:
32 >>
33 >> BTW, top-posting is a pain for some to read, please post inline.
34 >>
35 >> DS
38 > --
39 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list