From: Sami Samhuri <sami@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd en maildir
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:45:39
1 * It was Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:14:22PM -0400 when Dan Noe said:
2 > On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:59:48AM -0500, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
3 > > yes, I know.. I use imap for all of my email. most imap clients, however,
4 > > keep a cache of the emails/headers they have downloaded from the server. I
5 > > would not be surprised if mutt also did this.
6 >
7 > Last I checked, mutt does /not/ do this for IMAP. It is a serious
8 > shortcoming. I don't know about other console mail apps that support
9 > IMAP. I tried using mutt locally for IMAP but it was an unsatisfactory
10 > experience.
11
12 There is a patch available for mutt 1.4 which caches IMAP headers. You
13 can find it at http://dwyn.net/mutt/ .
16 Sami Samhuri