From: Stuart Stegall <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] network install
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:44:03
1 It is not too difficult to do, but unless you are doing many servers, I
2 cannot see it being a time saving device. If you have done PXE installs
3 with other Linux distributions, then it might not be that bad. Take a
4 look at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=54293
5
6 And in fact probably anytime anyone has a question, go to
7 forums.gentoo.org and do a search first, as likely the question has been
8 answered before.
9
10 > -----Original Message-----
11 > From: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
12 > Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 2:06 PM
13 > To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
14 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] network install
17 > I want to install a server without a cdrom and floppy. it
18 > supports pxe
19 > booting.
20 > so i am trying to boot with the diskless gide and then install the
21 > system from there.
22 > maybe there is an easier method?
23 >
24 > Andrew Fant wrote:
25 >
26 > > Rene:
27 > > How do you define a gentoo network install?
30 > > --On Thursday, October 28, 2004 20:07:12 +0200 Rene Zbinden