From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] server profile
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:15:20
1 On 07/06/06, David CHANIAL <david.ml@××××××××.fr> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Is there someone, or somewhere, where we can talk about, and contribute to the
5 > server profile ?
8 Hi David,
9
10 Yes, you can discuss it here :) Most recently, the idea of having a
11 profile specifically tailored for servers was raised by Patrick Lauer
12 (bonsaikitten/patrick). Have a look at this thread:
13
14 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.server/3681
15
16 In an ideal world, this would all be done under the care and guidance
17 of the Gentoo Server Project (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/server/)
18 but alas, the project hasn't gained any significant traction for a
19 while now. In any case, you could contribute further to that thread or
20 try getting in touch with Patrick. Kurt Leiber, Lance Albertson and
21 Andrew Gaffney (who work on gentoo-server, gentoo-infra and the
22 gentoo-installer projects respectively) may also be good people to
23 speak to. Most of us hang out at #gentoo-server on freenode on IRC so
24 I'd recommend you acquaint yourself with that channel if you haven't
25 already.
26
27 Cheers,
28