From: Olaf Niermann <lists@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] SMTP Woes
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:11:22
1 Hi Randy,
2
3 I would give the package 'mail-filter/policyd-weight' a try to stop this
4 unwanted mails.
5
6 But keep in mind to have some 'check_sender_access' and
7 'check_recipient_access' files on hand to bypass the fail-positives
8 senders and recipients.
9
10 Example:
11 # postconf | grep 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions'
12 smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, check_sender_access
13 hash:/etc/postfix/sender_checks, check_recipient_access
14 hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_checks, check_policy_service
15 inet:127.0.0.1:12525, warn_if_reject reject_unknown_sender_domain,
16 warn_if_reject reject_non_fqdn_sender, warn_if_reject
17 reject_unknown_recipient_domain, warn_if_reject
18 reject_non_fqdn_recipient, warn_if_reject reject_unauth_pipelining,
19 warn_if_reject reject_unauth_destination, permit_auth_destination,
20 reject
21
22 Regards,
23 Olaf Niermann
24
25 -----Original Message-----
26 From: Randy Barlow [mailto:randy@×××××××××××××××××.com]
27 Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 8:00 AM
28 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
29 Subject: [gentoo-server] SMTP Woes
32 I am getting a huge number of connections to my mail server (postfix)
33 compared to usual. I've seen as many as 50 connections open at one
34 time. The logs show that the connections are from several computers of
35 varying IPs, and they are all trying to send mail to random mailboxes on
36 my domain. It's very annoying, and I have noticed that inbound mail
37 seems to be lagging by several hours. Is there something similar to
38 denyhosts for spammers? Any other suggestions?
41 Randy Barlow
42 http://electronsweatshop.com
43 --
44 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list