From: Sergio Tudela Romero <sergiotudelaromero@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ftp-server
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 08:10:33
1 In LAN:
2
3 - FTP: Working.
4 - Port: Open.
5
6 Outside:
7
8 - FTP: Not working.
9 - Port: Closed.
10
11 Have you proxy?
12 I recommend to you to use pure-ftpd ;D.
13 http://www.gentoo-portage.com/net-ftp/pure-ftpd
14
15 Regards :).
16
17 2006/5/9, Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>:
18 >
19 > Is your ftpdaemon configured to Listen on both your internal AND external
20 > ips?
21 >
22 > -----Original Message-----
23 > From: gigli@×××××××.se [mailto:gigli@×××××××.se]
24 > Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:14 PM
25 > To: gentoo-server@g.o
26 > Subject: [gentoo-server] ftp-server
27 >
28 > Hi
29 >
30 > I have a little problem with my home server. I cant connect to my ftp
31 > server from the outside. I usually use a anonymous vsftpd or proftpd
32 > server. Since my
33 > computer broke and i bought a new motherboard and cpu and newly
34 > installed gentoo system, i can't connect to my ftp server from the
35 > outside, only from my own lan.
36 >
37 > My httpd server works, my sshd server works perfectly. I have a d-link
38 > router and firestarter as a firewall, as before. When i scan my computer
39 > with namp the ftp-port is open, when i scan it from outside my lan, it
40 > claims the port is closed. When i connect from the outside i got only a
41 > connection refuse. Exit the firewall make no difference.
42 >
43 > I have looked around with google but with no luck. I have the rest of
44 > the computer configured as before, and all is working except the ftp.
45 >
46 > Can it be some kernel configuration? Do anyone have any suggestions?
47 >
48 > Martin
49 > --
50 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
53 > --
54 > No virus found in this incoming message.
55 > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
59 > --
60 > No virus found in this outgoing message.
61 > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
65 > --
66 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list