From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: Ideas for a server profile?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:04:53
1 Jonas 'data' Fietz wrote:
2
3 > second that, but for "sys-boot/lilo", as this is really a matter of
4 > personal preference, which is just inclined to provoke flame wars.
5
6 Heh heh. That was more of a "this is what I always install" -vs- "this is
7 what should be in the server profile" list...
8
9 > Also, if you mention localepurge: I am not familiar with it, but what is
10 > about the userlocales-use-flag? This should prevent unneeded locales
11 > from being installed, or even compiled.
12
13 The userlocales flag only applies locally for glibc/uclibc. Localepurge
14 catches what the remaining packages install...
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list