From: rdmurray@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] how to route outgoing emails through a specific network card or ip
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 13:56:49
1 On Thu, 17 May 2007 at 14:42, Xavier Neys wrote:
2 > rdmurray@××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> On Thu, 17 May 2007 at 13:13, Matthias Bethke wrote:
4 >>> the cleanest solution but it should work for now---there's certainly a
5 >>> better one if you know qmail well, which I don't.
6 >>
7 >> I doubt that. This is a purely ip level routing
8 >> issue, not something that can be handled at
9 >> the application level unless you are using a smart
10 >> host.
11 >>
12 >> iptables is what the OP needs.
13 >
14 > Not necessarily. If you use your ISP as a smarthost, then you just define a
15 > route to it via the right interface.
16
17 I believe I said that: "unless you are using a smarthost". :)
18
19 --David
20 --
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list