From: Eric Paynter <eric@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Swapping NIC Order on a 2.6 kernel
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:33:57
1 On Thu, April 21, 2005 7:44 am, fire-eyes said:
2 > Some of you may have seen my posts regarding this on gentoo-user,
3 > thought i'd try here too.
4 >
5 > I runa 2.6 kernel. I have two NIC's. One is a built-in 100Mbps, and the
6 > second is a 64-bit PCI 1000Mbps NIC. The 100Mbps comes up as eth0, the
7 > 10000 as eth1. I want to switch this around.
8
9 If you're loading the drivers as modules, just change the order they load
10 in. If you've built a module-less kernel then you're pretty much sol
11 because it will name them as it detects them.
12
13 -Eric
16 arctic bears - email and dns services
17 http://www.arcticbears.com
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list