From: stephen white <steve@×××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Xenoboot
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:52:58
1 On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 11:28 PM, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > Hey! They're even using Gentoo!
3
4 Yeah, that's what got my attention. :)
5
6 > Sounds like something worth looking at and/or contacting the folks to
7 > see
8 > if we can combine efforts.
9
10 I was looking at XenoLinux for virtual machines, since it's better to
11 have single machines dedicated to each service. To achieve the
12 infrastructure in a box objective, one machine can be split up into
13 multiple virtual machines, or each virtual machine can be redistributed
14 to physical machines as available.
15
16 Xeno looks like it beats UML and vmware, and I haven't compared against
17 plex86 yet. If Xeno holds up well, then yes, it would be interesting to
18 use their VM software as part of gentoo-server. They're also doing some
19 interesting stuff with distributed computing but that seems like
20 another project altogether. :)
23 steve@×××××××××××××××.au
24
25 CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
27 This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
28 and contains information that may be confidential and/or
29 copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
30 notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete
31 this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email
32 by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
33 prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
34 any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
35 recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.