From: Mark Rudholm <rudholm@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ASTERISK
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:25:29
1 Actually we're not in much disagreement, I know the book is out of date,
2 and in fact, it's not really that good (the tutorial is weirdly non-linear
3 and I was aghast at some of the errors in the chapter on traditional
4 telephony) but it does have an informative tutorial that is still probably
5 of value to novices.
6
7 And yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that if you're going to use the
8 ebuild, you should use the masked version (which is basically current).
9
10 Sean Cook wrote:
11 > Unfortunately, I would completely disagree with Mark on this... ATFOT is a
12 > great book, however it is a bit dated. And as for asterisk ebuilds...
13 > forget it... they are still running out of 1.0 when 1.2 has been out for
14 > almost a year and 1.4 is on it's way into beta.
15 >
16 > Download the source... compile and install it...
17 >
18 > You need the following packages:
19 >
20 > ncurses
21 > openssl
22 > zlib
23 > bison
24 >
25 > Then download all the necessary 1.2 packages and...
26 >
27 > # cd zaptel-1.2
28 > # make clean; make install
29 > # cd ../libpri-1.2