From: "José González Gómez" <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Central Authentication
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:33:34
1 2006/9/15, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 10:36 +0200, José González Gómez wrote:
4 > > 2006/9/13, Jeff Rooney <jtrooney@×××××××××.com>:
5 > > Hi everyone, had a quick question, I'm looking into adding
6 > > some type of
7 > > central authentication system to my network as maintaining
8 > > passwords on
9 > > 30 servers is a pain. :) I was looking at OpenLDAP but saw
10 > > that the doc
11 > > was no longer support, was wondering what everyone else out
12 > > there is
13 > > doing and if anyone had any pointers. Thanks in advance.
14 > >
15 > > I made a howto some time ago:
16 > >
17 > > http://www.openinput.com/auth-howto/
18 > >
19 > > A bit outdated, but I think still valid... please, if you use it tell
20 > > me about. I have some comments from other readers to improve it, I
21 > > hope I have some time to do it in the near future.
22 >
23 > Do you have a copy which can be downloaded for offline viewing??
26 Not currently, sorry. If I manage to get some spare time I'll make the
27 docbook source available. Anyway, you may take any crawler (wget will do)
28 and obtain a copy of the whole howto for offline browsing.
29
30 Best regards
31 Jose