From: Donatas <info@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] new 2006.1/server profile
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:04:25
1 You should use what ever you need. Server2006 prfile is a minimum use
2 flasgs based profile.
3
4 USE="apache2 ldap mailwrapper mysql snmp truetype xml"
5
6 Desktop use:
7
8 USE="alsa arts cairo cdr dbus dvd dvdr eds emboss encode esd fam firefox
9 gif gn$
12 See the difference?
13
14 Jonathan Nichols wrote:
15 >
16 >>> Apparently I'm in that first category or I've just been doing it too
17 >> Well, lowest common denominator would be an idea. On servers, I always
18 >> do -* anyway, so profiles that change a few use-flags don't really
19 >
20 > Same here. So before I go and use that new profile, what exactly should
21 > I be aware of? It changes my make.conf and adds new USE settings? That's
22 > it?
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list