From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] (Hardened) Converting production Gentoo mail/web server to
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 01:30:24
1 On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 16:02 +0000, Kerin Millar wrote:
2 > On 25/01/06, Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > perhaps some hardened and server people should get together and write a
5 > > short overview... i am in!
8 > That's a good idea. I hope that the above has proved to be partially
9 > informative at least!
10
11 This is the best post I've seen thus far explaining about it all. (now
12 to track down the links you mentioned for more details)
15 > I'd also like to say that I jumped on the
16 > hardened bandwagon not so long ago and am not looking back. The level
17 > of protection offered by the grsec/pax combo is simply incredible and
18
19 I believe that usage of Hardened sources isn't recommended for Desktop
20 Users. Or users like me who just wishes to experiment on a desktop. (or
21 laptop in my case w/o using qemu)
25 Ow Mun Heng
26 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
27 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
28 Neuromancer 09:24:44 up 1 day, 9:14, 6 users, load average: 0.25, 0.45,
29 1.54
33 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list