From: Florian Huber <florian.huber@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Measure/Control traffic per user/customer
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:47:40
1 Hi list,
2 does anyone of you have a good solution for measuring the monthly
3 traffic amount for several customers on a web-hosting machine?
4
5 I've heard about logging apache with a per-vhost basis and then
6 caclulate the traffic. But what about ftp, mail or http headers?
7 And which program do you suggest for logfile analysis? webalizer? analog
8 et. al.?
9
10 The second solution I'm thinking of is using iptables with the
11 owner-match rule and apache2 with the perchild mpm which both are marked
12 as experimental!
13 Has anyone already experience with this?
14
15 If tried apache2 + perchild mpm + mod_php, but apache does not start
16 anymore. I think it's related to pear, but I had no to search the
17 internet yet.
18
19 TIA
20 Florian Huber