From: Patrik Jansson <fbsd@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Can't mount root device (PERC 5/i)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:32:49
1 Steve Dommett wrote:
2 >> Where in the kernconf GUI is that?
3 > Filesystems -> Partition types
4 Okay, EFI was already enabled.
5
6 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
7 > I remember having problems with Dell RAID controllers which were
8 > related to the kernel-version.
9 > The driver was offering both harddisks in the raid as devices, and
10 > offering the RAID-device as the same device.
11 > This confused the heck out of us at first as well....
12 >
13 > Upgrading the kernel to >2.6.16 pulled in a newer driver and this
14 > solved our problem.
15
16 I'm currently working with 2.6.19-r5 so I shouldn't have that problem?
17 Is there any point of trying to downgrade the kernel?
18
19 Any other clues? I really don't know what to do (and I don't like the
20 fact that I maybe have to move to another distribution which I have get
21 this up and running, such as openSUSE).
22
23 Thanks,
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list