From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] scsi help - setup Sun v20z
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 03:04:40
1 Rick Lapp wrote:
2 > Anyone familiar with the v20z?
3 > Trying to install with single scsi drive and internal LSI 53c1030 (I think)
4 > controller. Not sure what device (/dev/sda ?) the drive would be for fdsik.
5 > Do I need to modprobe a driver?
6
7 I'm not familiar with this particular card; in general though, most SCSI
8 drives will be recognized as sd devices in Linux. To be sure, you could
9 boot from a LiveCD for installation, and it will probably be detected
10 and ready for use. You might need to boot using the 'doscsi' parameter.
11 If it's not available as sda, you can see the output of 'dmesg' for
12 information on your hardware and you should see it there. (Maybe 'lspci'
13 will also be useful.)
14
15 DS
16 --