From: Kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache2 and mod_perl
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 03:18:32
1 On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Collin Starkweather wrote:
2
3 > I decided recently to make the change to Apache2. I normally build
4 > Apache and mod_perl by hand, but decided to let emerge do the heavy
5 > lifting this time to see how it went.
6 >
7 > After emerging Apache 2.0.49-r1 and mod_perl 1.99.11, I get the
8 > following when trying to fire it up:
9 >
10 > www root # apache2ctl configtest
11 > Syntax error on line 66 of /usr/lib/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf:
12 > Invalid command 'PerlRequire', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a \
13 > module not included in the server configuration
14 > www root #
17 Oddly enough I'm seeing something similar under Apache 1.3 starting after
18 upgrading to >1.3.29. It was something I was beta testing so it took me
19 some time to figure out that my syntax was fine and it might be Gentoo.
20
21 support root # apachectl configtest
22 Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache/conf/vhosts/rt.domain.conf:
23 Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
24 not included in the server configuration
25
26 apachectl -D PERL configtest is not correct syntax and doesn't do
27 anything.
28
29 kashani