From: Martin Holzhauer <martin.holzhauer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Linux Standard Base and Linux Core Consortium
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:12:32
1 the paketmgm. tool for LSB is RPM
2 i dont want a gentoo with RPM
3
4 On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:05:53 +0100, Jose Gonzalez Gomez
5 <jgonzalez@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > Hi there,
8 >
9 > I found today two new acronyms: LSB (Linux Standard Base)[1] and LCC
10 > (Linux Core Consortium)[2]
11 >
12 > [1] http://www.linuxbase.org/
13 > [2] http://www.mandrakesoft.com/lcc/faq
14 >
15 > They seem to be interesting, as they intend to build on a common
16 > base, specified in the linux standard base, so providers of commercial
17 > software are able to certify their products on this platform, so any
18 > distribution complying with it may get kind of automatically certified
19 > (or something like that). I just wanted to mention here to hear your
20 > opinions, and comment on the possibility / interest of Gentoo complying
21 > with LSB.
22 >
23 > Best regards
24 > Jose