From: "Bauer
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o, charlesnadeau@×××××××.com
Subject: AW: [gentoo-server] Re: Backup Software
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:57:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using amanda (atm tapeless since I integrated the linux-servers into
4 a
5 running homo-win32-env and the backup solution was already there...
6 shame
7 on all those backup-software-corps, which do _not_ support 2.6.x-kernels
8 nor linux-journaling-filesystems (I don't want to write the name of CA
9 and
10 Veritas here) and are pretty satisfied with it. It's simple, uses
11 standard
12 unix-tools and works. BUT the Amanda-ebuild (in fact not the ebuild, but
13 the
14 cronjob inside the ebuild contains an mistake, which should be corrected
15 (the cron is called by root, but should be called by the amanda-user or
16 "su - amanda -c"'d))
17
18 BTW the ppl in the amanda-irc-channel are nice ppl too.
19