From: Casper Gasper <cas@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] using apache2 as a reverse proxy for exchange server
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:31:01
1 > > [snip]
2 > > #################### horde ...
3 > >
4 > > ProxyPass /webmail http://192.168.11.250:2525/webmail
5 > > ProxyPassReverse /webmail http://192.168.11.250:2525/webmail
6 > >
7 > > #################### ... horde
8 > > </VirtualHost>
9 >
10 > nope, doesn't work. I get the same errors (see my first post).(I added
11 > the RequestHeader header, but it doesn't seem to make any change. I use
12 > settings like that to proxy many things, but it doesn't work for
13 > exchange. it seems that exchange have it's own redirections that make it
14 > much more difficult.
15 >
16 > does anyone here have a working example of reverse proxy for exchange
17 > 2003?
18
19 Not for Exchange 2003 but Exchange 2000. One problem I did have was running
20 on different ports externally and internally. This didn't seem to work so I
21 made the ports identical on both apache and Exchange IIS. Here's the
22 relevant section from my config file (slightly amended):
23
24 ProxyRequests Off
25 <Proxy *>
26 Order deny,allow