From: Philip Leonard <leolists@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-server] Re: "cannot I save this LOTS of money?" is about multi-domain web servers.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:39:51
1 On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:30:21 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Philip Leonard wrote:
4 >
5 > >On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:01:46 +0800 Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com> wrote:
9 > >>Philip Leonard wrote:
10 > >>
11 > >>
12 > >>
13 > >>>Just get a wildcard certificate for the domain.
14 > >>>
15 > >>>
16 > >>>
17 > >>>
18 > >>Sorry? but I called entrust.com and they told me on the phone "one
19 > >>certificate for one domain, no wildcard certificate".
20 > >>
21 > >>Do you know any issuer (that trusted by IE 5.5) could issue wildcard
22 > >>certificate?
23 > >>
24 > >>
25 > >>
26 > >
27 > >freessl.com has wildcard certs and they claim a very high percentage of browsers will accept them.
30 > How wonderful. I just called up freessl.com the teller told me the
31 > wildcard certificate is okay and their certificate is okay (no warning)
32 > on IE 5.5!
33 >
34 > Just hope it is true. I'll request a test certificate to check for sure.
37 I know their "normal" certs work okay because I have a couple of them. I do no have a wildcard one though so I can say for sure.