From: David Kennel <dkennel@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Problems with Samba
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:10:27
1 I'm having some problems with Samba on a gentoo installation.
2
3 I emerged Samba 3.0.2a-r2 built a smb.conf file by copying the setting
4 except for the hostname from a working samba server based on RH 7.3. I
5 successfully joined the system to my Windows NT 4 based domain. I can
6 access the server from NT 4 or another linux host using the smbclient.
7 Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 machines will not connect to the new Samba
8 server. I can connect from Windows 2000 to the RH 7.3 samba server just
9 fine.
10
11 2000 gives the following errors:
12
13 Using NET VIEW - System error 64 has occurred. The specified network name is
14 no longer available.
15
16 Using Map Network Drive - The mapped network drive could not be created
17 because the following error has occurred: The specified network name is no
18 longer available.
19
20 When attempts to connect are made the following entry is made in the system
21 log:
22
23 Source: MRxSmb  Event ID: 3036
24 The redirector detected a security signature mismatch. The connection has
25 been disconnected.
26
27 Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening here? I spent some quality
28 time with Google and couldn't turn up anything useful.
29
30 Thanks
31
32 Dave K.