From: "Wilkins
To: "gentoo-server@l.g.o" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Wanted: Gentoo Enterprise Server success stories
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 18:39:02
1 Used for my personal website. I run Piwigo (photogallery) and Wordpress on Lighttpd/PHP/MySQL. In the past I’ve also run Gallery, Drupal, and Apache. Wouldn’t consider anything else for my own site. I work in a large enterprise and Red Hat is pretty much a standard here. We have an enterprise contract so that levels the playing field somewhat, as we don’t pay for anything at the department level. Also, many of the enterprise applications that we run only come as rpm’s or debs that are only supported on specific distributions. The vast majority of our servers also run in a virtual environment now. None of those factors preclude using Gentoo, but they definitely make it more difficult to justify its use.
2
3 Vern
6 From: vladimir@×××××××××.info [mailto:vladimir@×××××××××.info] On Behalf Of Vladimir Rusinov
7 Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:38 AM
8 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Wanted: Gentoo Enterprise Server success stories