From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] can't boot anymore!
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:14:14
1 Davide Cittaro wrote:
2 > Hi there, I think I've messed up something in init scripts and probably
3 > I'm missing something... btw I have some machines, different hardware,
4 > and they all can't boot.
5 > When udev is used (as specified in /etc/conf.d/rc) it crashes and disks
6 > can't be created, so I have only an emergency shell...
7 > If I specify static devices (also in /etc/conf.d/rc) I have fsck working
8 > on disks, but later on it freezes on "Caching services
9 > dependendecies"... If I interrupt it says that /var/lib/init.d/depcache
10 > doesn't exists and /sbin/rc fails with a segfault on "chgrp utmp
11 > /var/run/utmp"...
12 > I really can't get rid of this... Since I've never touched udev rules or
13 > init scripts I guess it somehow has to do with some broken ebuild...
14 >
15 > Any hint?
16
17 What did you do?