From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Server goes down twice in two days, looking for input
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:42:57
1 On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:34:06AM -0400, fire-eyes wrote:
2 > I have had our gentoo server go down twice in under two days. I am
3 > currently trying to figure out what is happening.
4
5 What did you do before this behavior started? Any kernel upgrades? You might
6 want to consider downgrading and checking if that fixes the problem.
7
8 Try running any system monitoring processes in the future that monitor,
9 amongst other things, CPU usage and I/O. It might help locating the source
10 of the problems.
11
12 Wkr,
13 Sven Vermeulen