From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Managing IP aliases
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 20:11:25
1 Maybe this has been answered a long time ago.
2
3 Im running a Gentoo-based shared web server. Potentially there might be
4 200 IP aliases on this one machine. Im wondering how to manage these
5 aliases in /etc/conf.d/net. Right now, I have a huge alias_eth0="" line
6 containing all of the IP aliases - anybody recommend a better approach ?
7
8 Some recent changes to sysvinit and baselayout have put new config files
9 in /etc/conf.d/ including a net.example file that shows an IPv4 example
10 where each IP is on a single line. Anyone here switched to the "new" net
11 file yet ? Any thoughts about ifconfig vs. iproute2 ? Should I switch?
15 Aj.
16 --
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list