From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix: Can I insert a custom header to incoming mail?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:19:09
1 On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM, kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > If you aren't using Sieve, I would try is using virtual_transport = virtual
3 > instead of virtual_transport = dovecot
4
5 Thanks! That seems to have worked. Mail is still being delivered, and
6 now the X-Original-To: header is in-place. Really great, now I can
7 start migrating my mail domains that depend on that feature.
8
9 I also found a semi-work-around posted by Wietse Venema on the postfix list:
10
11 [quote]
12 You can fake it in the SMTP server with
13
14 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
15 smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
16 check_recipient_access pcre:/etc/postfix/recipient_access.pcre
17
18 /etc/postfix/recipient_access.pcre
19 /(.+)/ prepend X-Original-To: $1
20 [end quote]
21
22 This method worked with virtual_transport = dovecot, however it had
23 problems dealing with multi-recipient mail. (for example if
24 user1@××××××××.com and user2@××××××××.com were both recipients on the
25 same message, both users' mail would have the first username as the
26 X-Original-To header). That situation is rare enough in my case that
27 it would have been acceptable if the virtual_transport = virtual
28 wasn't usable.
29
30 Thanks again,
31 Paul