From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@×××××××.net>
To: Nicolas MASSE <nicolas27.masse@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Best practices in managing large server groups
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:37:17
1 Nicolas MASSE wrote:
2 > I have absolutely no experience with this, but during one of my
3 > training courses, I found the following document :
4 > - http://www.fernhilltec.com.au/~adrian/kara/kara.html
5
6 Thank you for the pointer; the document was worth a readthrough. That
7 said, puppet provides a superset of kara's capabilities, is very
8 actively maintained, and supports Gentoo as a target platform.
9 Obviously, I'm looking for feedback here -- so if someone has tried
10 working with puppet and found it inadequate it some respect or in need
11 of further extensions, I'd love to hear about it -- but I think I'm
12 fairly comfortable with my selection on that particular piece of the
13 toolage.
14
15 Initial system setup (as opposed to post-install maintenance) is
16 somewhat more of an open question, particularly in the context of
17 desiring complete reproducibility.
18 --
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list