From: Bryn Hughes <linux@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Radmind (was: bacula)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 02:29:06
1 On Mar 27, 2004, at 6:43 AM, stephen white wrote:
2
3 > On 27/03/2004, at 5:42 AM, Bryn Hughes wrote:
4 >> For those of you who are interested in backing up Mac OS X clients
5 >> with Bacula I just discovered one gotcha... Bacula will only back up
6 >> data forks from HFS/HFS+ filesystems.
7 >
8 > You may be interested in checking out Radmind for this functionality.
9 > Radmind can also be used for deployment and snapshotting machines.
12 Radmind is an excellent piece of software especially for people who
13 have to manage a large number of machines. For those of you who
14 haven't seen Radmind yet, check out this page:
15
16 http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/radmind/
17
18 I run Radmind at work to maintain a hundred or so Macintosh desktops
19 using a Linux server. It can also maintain Linux desktops and servers.
20 If you have a large number of machines that need similar software
21 deployed Radmind is an excellent tool. It will handle anything from
22 system updates to new software installations and would probably work
23 extremely well on Gentoo systems for distributing software - portage
24 would work well with radmind.
25
26 Bryn
27 --