From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:55:14
1 Paul Kölle wrote:
2
3 >Sorry, -b is ldapsearch only. You need to tell the client about your new
4 >base in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (this is for the openldap client tools).
5 >
6 >base=dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
7 >
8 >And of course have a "database" section with the correct "suffix" in
9 >slapd.conf.
10 >
11 >cheers
12 > Paul
15 Hi Paul, this takes me back to the original problem.
16 ldapsearch works fine with*out* -b if I set the base to
17 dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
18 The problem is that i just can't create the base when it has all three.
19 I can create dc=net,dc=au base, then create dc=domain under that. And
20 then set the base to dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au I can search and add just
21 fine.. it's just creating the base with all three that fails.
22
23 cheers
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list