From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail scanner insanity... someone please help
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 04:14:23
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > I apologize for my shrill tone here... It's just under 100 degrees F. in
3 > my living room, I'm hours behind on the work I'm supposed to be doing
4 > today, and it seems unfair that qmail-scanner lost its mind without my
5 > doing any updates.
6 >
7 > Anyway, I hesitate to even say this, lest I curse myself, but I think I
8 > managed to stumble across the correct sequence of magic incantations to
9 > get clamd and/or qmail-scanner to quit puking... At least I haven't seen
10 > any errors in the logs in the last few minutes... just the usual torrent
11 > of spam scan messages.
12 >
13 > Still, I would love to understand this all better... if anyone has any
14 > sage qmail/spamassassin/clamav/vpopmail survival advice they'd like to
15 > share, I'd love to hear it!
16
17 What you have just experienced is the very reason I quit using qmail almost 2
18 years ago. I went through the same thing more than once after what seemed to be
19 very innocuous updates (and also whenever it felt like it). I am now a very
20 happy postfix user.
23 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
24 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
25 --
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list