From: Patrick Benoit <ppbnode@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] multiple gentoo boxes, master file fetcher & override fetch restriction
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:10:00
1 On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:21:51 -0700 (MST)
2 "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Marius Mauch said:
5 > > On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:07:03 +0100
6 > > TRauMa <trauma@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> 2. How can I tell portage to ignore fetch restricitions? If I
9 > >> encounter one, I manually pull in the file as portage tells me to, but
10 > >> I'm not keen on pulling it on every client, too. So it would be
11 > >> perfect if I could tell the clients to just try and fetch the
12 > >> restricted files from the local mirror.
13 > >
14 > > You can't. It wouldn't be completely impossible to add support for this,
15 > > but it would need a nontrivial amount of work and make the code even
16 > > more complicated (read the 'fetch' function in portage.py and you'll
17 > > understand ;).
18 >
19 > Not neccesarily a good idea, but an idea nonetheless, is to NFS mount
20 > /usr/portage/distfiles/ as a share that contains pre-fetched distribution
21 > files.
24 I have got one server with ten boxed. The serveur rsync gentoo mirror and the boxes nfs mount /usr/portage ro. As I emerge packages first on the serveur I rarely have to fetch them individually on the server for the boxes. Up to now it works perfectly well and its very simple to set up.
25
26 Patrick Benoit