From: Andy Dustman <farcepest@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap or mysql?
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:55:11
1 On 5/25/05, Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > About this topic, I want to know if postgresql may be a good choice
3 > instead of mysql.
4 > explain my case, I have a website with a intranet/extranet that uses
5 > postgresql as DB to stock a lot of data. Both of they will need to
6 > query a users table in DB to authenticate the users.
7
8 If you are already using PostgreSQL for a similar purpose, I see no
9 reason to switch. At least, you can try doing it with your current
10 database, and see how it stands up before you decide to switch.
13 Computer interfaces should never be made of meat.
14 http://www.terrybisson.com/meat.html
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list