From: Rene Zbinden <rene.zbinden@××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql start fails / but there are processes after start
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:33:49
1 Thanks I had the same problem, your solution (skip-innodb) works
2 for me too. And I do not understand why too :-)
3
4 Michael Decker wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 >> In fact, for me, the problem was related to the nss_ldap update. As mysqld was
8 >> started before slapd, it fails for an strange reason. To correct it, i have
9 >> added to /etc/init.d/mysql a service dependency with slapd.
10 >>
11 >> --
12 >> after slapd (which ask mysql to start after slapd)
13 >> --
14 >
15 > Thanks a lot...
16 > That didn't solve my problem...
17 >
18 > But uncommenting this line in /etc/mysql/my.conf was the solution:
19 > --- SNIP ---
20 > skip-innodb
21 > --- SNAP ---
22 >