From: Georges Toth <georges@××××.lu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: widyachacra <widyachacra@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] stop using dns from world
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:28:32
1 > but still my log gives following status...
2 > Log status
3 > ---------------
4 > Sep 27 17:24:06 ns1 named[31808]: lame server resolving 'romhat.net'
5 > (in 'romhat.NET'?): 69.30.86.228#53
6 >
7 > how to stop this lame server resolvings?
8
9 "lame server resolving" means that the dns server configured for the domain
10 you are trying to resolve is not authoritative for that domain....
11 You can disable those log messages by putting the following line in you bind
12 config file:
13
14 logging {
15 category lame-servers { null; };
16 };
19 I'm not really sure about your setup... but if you want your dns server to
20 only serve the configured zones and not be a recursive resolver for any
21 machine (local or on the local net) just put "none" in allow-recursion, and
22 remove it from your resolve.conf file.
25 hope this helps
29 regards,
30 Georges Toth
31 --