From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] help for qmail and virtual/mta
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:08:10
1 On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:31:41 +0200
2 David CHANIAL <david.ml@××××××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > Le Mardi 13 Juin 2006 14:19, Kerin Millar a écrit :
5 > > Installing virtual/qmail will
6 > > actually install one of the following packages:
7 >
8 > Thanks for the explain.
9 >
10 > may be i'll simply make an personnalized ebuild of "my" qmail
11 > providing virtual/mta :)
12
13 This would be my recommendation (and therefore also the "official"
14 way). Generally custom ebuilds are preferrable to using
15 package.provided for "manually" installed software.
16
17 Marius
22 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
23 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.