From: "Vinícius Ferrão" <viniciusferrao@×××××××.br>
To: "<gentoo-server@l.g.o>" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-server] SPF Record with Multiple Servers
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:33:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've a question about the SPF setup in my domain.
4
5 We have two MTAs: an exchange server that does not use SMTP to relay messages to the Internet and a Postfix Mail Gateway on the border to send and receive messages to/from the internet.
6
7 The clients connect on the Exchange Server to relay messages to the external world. So an SMTP connection would start in the Exchange, then it relays to the Postfix server and then to the Internet. On the other hand when a message come from the Internet it first arrives in the Postfix server and after the processing it's handled to the Exchange server.
8
9 The question is: which SPF TXT string I should use?
10
11 The Postfix server is my only MX. And I don't know if I should include the Exchange Server name in the SPF rules.
12
13 I was considering: vspf=1 mx -all
14
15 But this does not include the Exchange, and I don't know if it's right or not.
16
17 Thanks in advance,
18
19 Sent from my iPhone