From: "Bauer
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-server] Spamassassin config
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:01:46
1 Hi Petr,
2
3 check the permissions on /etc/mail/spamassassin if you're not running spamassassin as root (what u should do) and try the examples with something like this:
4
5 spamassassin -D < sample-spam.txt # sample-spam.txt is located in /usr/share/doc/Mail-SpamAssassin-${PV} but is gzipped iirc
6
7 the debugging output should tell u about errors in rules and probably missconfiguration
10 > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
11 > Von: Petr Sponer [mailto:gentoo@××××××.com]
12 > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2004 11:55
13 > An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
14 > Betreff: [gentoo-server] Spamassassin config
15 >
16 > hi folks,
17 > the topic "Qmail - Spamassassin - Clamv" reminds me my problem with
18 > configuration of Spamassassin. I hope someone of you could help me.
19 > I have Spamassassin working but ...
20 > It ignores any attempt to configure it :-( I have all my *.cf files in
21 > /etc/mail/spamassassin and also in /usr/share/spamassassin but they are
22 > ignored.
23 > The only way to add tag [SPAM] to mail Subject was change it in
24 > qmail-scanner-queue.pl but it is a bit dirty way :-) and setup bayes and
25 > other configs was out of my powers.
26 > Don't you have any idea before I hack the Spamassassin? I had it on the
27 > Red Hat long before and it worked well but when I switched to gentoo, not
28 > a chance. With the "dirty" config it works for me almost a year but it
29 > would be nice to "clean" it :-)
30 > Thanks for any ideas
31 > Petr Sp.