From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] trouble with booting 2005.0 on SATA RAID
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:42:32
1 Chris S wrote:
2 >> The simple truth is: There are no volume groups, there are no block
3 >> devices at this point and I don't want the installer to bother at all.
4 >> How can I do this?
7 > I assume you are using genkernel to build your initrd?
8 > Perhaps you can try telling it NOT to include lvm? actually specifying
9 > to NOT include lvm isn't possible, but rather than:
10 > genkernel --menuconfig all you could try just the initrd on itself with:
11 > genkernel initrd (include "--dmraid" if you are using lsr).
12 > alternately, try bypassing the initrd (assuming all required sata
13 > drivers are statically compiled into the kernel).
16 Thanks, there is an undocumented switch "nolvm2" to turn off volume
17 group scan. Got it all working now. I'm not yet building the final
18 kernel. Is there a way to build an initrd with genkernel (and I'd need
19 to integrate a module wich is outside the kernel tree)?
20
21 cheers
22 Paul
23 --